Wednesday 13 July 2011

Soap Opera Trailer Timings

I was set the task to note down when soap opera trailers were shown on television so it would give me an idea of when the best time to show a trailer depending on what audience you wanted to target. I took my notes and put them into a trailer so you can clearly see what trailers I found and when. The soaps such as Emmerdale would show their trailer at an early time in the day because they want to hit an older audience who would be watching television at this time. Soaps such as Eastenders who want to hit a wide variety audience would show their trailer at "prime time" which is when most people watch TV because they are home from either work or school. Lastly soaps such as Hollyoaks who want to target the younger audience show their trailer late at night because the younger audience would still be awake by then and watching television. This task has helped me because when I am further into planning my actual soap, I will know my target audience so I will then know what time I would want my trailer to be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment